Tuesday, January 30, 2007

IKETERU, PERSONALITY PLUS, GURU & GAMARJOBAT


The zen-like ambience and culinary delights at the Japanese restaurant, KL Hilton - courtesy of Zahlia, the PR Manager.
I was surprised that I could still remember my mum's recipes for lontong and soto when NI said that her friend asked for them. And to think that I had spared many tears these last few years by taking a shortcut to shelling and pounding shallots by buying blended spices from Liza at TTDI wet market. Be that as it may, the Undomestic Goddess welcomes a complimentary food tasting session any day, rather than spending a whole day running to the wet market, and then skinning, shelling, peeling, pounding and simmering in the kitchen!

I used to beat myself up and lament about all the missed opportunities at making something of myself, and then a friend lent me Personality Plus: How to Understand Others by Understanding Yourself by Florence Littauer.
Sure, Ms Littauer and her daughter Marita are "internationally known speakers" who have "changed the world of Christian speaking", but since no Muslim friend has introduced me to works by a Muslim author/speaker (maybe I should start writing and conducting seminars on the temperaments according to Islam), it opened my eyes to the reasons why I had 'sabotaged' my chances at success to move forward and tone down the sanguine-choleric attributes with the more sobering melancholy and phlegmatic qualities.
On the other hand, boy, do I feel sorry for the all 'Perfect' Melan-cholics with their suspicious minds, axes to grind, labyrinths of wretchedness, manipulative mind games ... the laundry list goes on and on.
And not forgetting the 'Peaceful' Phleg-matics who non-chalantly surf along the high and low tides and accept the status quo in life!
To be contd.

http://www.guruthemovie.org/
Abishek Bachchan as/in GURU. Man, have Hindi movies evolved from song-and-dance routines to address issues of the Indian (labor) diapora and the struggle to make it from rags to riches in Hindustan. Three cheers for the Triumph of the People vs the State! To be contd.
This Japanese mime duo, Gamarjobat, is a riot and a half, and hilarious to boot! Ketch (red mohican) and Hiro-pon (yellow mohican) wowed the audience-packed Actors Studio, BSC, on Wednesday nite with their silly antics and superb rendition of Rocky, the movie.
'A Shut Up Comedy 2' is a tender yet funny 'mini-blockbuster' featuring "cops and robbers, love and loss, rags and riches, sight and myopia" and a whole lot more! www.gamarjobat.co.uk
And to my most ardent admirer, who makes me his priority day and nite, miming's great for clowns, but not for Prince Charming a-courting his Lady Love!

7 comments:

zewt said...

Wow, the restaurant in KL Hilton looks really posh eh. Am supposed to have a global function there this march but looks like that’s not gonna happen, sigh. Are you a Christian?

BaitiBadarudin said...

Yeah, it's posh, isn't it? And, sigh, your function is cancelled? No, I'm a Muslim and would really like to write self-help books according to Islamic perspective. Any ideas?

zewt said...

well, i am not a muslim, so i think i cant help there. but then again, always willing to exchange ideas.

BaitiBadarudin said...

Alright. And I'm open to new ideas myself. U ever thot of writing self-help books urself?

zewt said...

Oh... I do actually... but more on relationship... thus my 2 posts... but one fella actually commented tat i shouldnt waste my writing skills writing about soap operas... haha

BaitiBadarudin said...

I don't think it's a waste of your talent and skills. In fact, you could be embarking on a more interesting career than banking, eh?

zewt said...

oh definitely... banking is getting boring. and i feel i am only in it for the money. like i said... modern slavery.