Thursday, March 30, 2006

Lessons from The Producers

Salam,
Talk about life imitating art - I just had to calm myself from an anxiety attack and flee 'Panic Station' once again - so I went for a movie preview of The Producers and had a real good time last nite.
But what do I find? A nervous wreck as the protagonist - very much like Linus from Peanuts cartoon strip, clinging to his security blanket, haha! But Bloom (Matthew Broderick) had Bialystock (Nathan Lane) who believed in him: "There is more to you than there is" (or somethin' like that) and Ulla (Uma Thurman) as the delicious and determined predator!
Anyway, had lunch at Marche (Renaissance) with the media corps, and someone from Sin Chew had to mention Anxiety Disorder. Is this a coincidence or is this a coincidence? The palpitation, the breathing difficulties, the fear of Heaven knows what ...
TQ, Chooi Leng (Petite Green), for the info.

Gotta sooth those frazzled nerves with a theme song, man:

With You I'm Born Again
(Billy Preston & Syreeta)
Come bring me your softness
Comfort me through all this madness
Woman, don't you know, with you I'm born again
Come give me your sweetness
Now there's you, there is no weakness
Lying safe within your arms, I'm born again
I was half, not whole
In step with none
Reaching through this world
In need of one
Come show me your kindness
In your arms I know I'll find this
Woman, don't you know, with you I'm born again
Lying safe with you
I'm born again

No comments: