Tuesday, May 22, 2007

My Fair Lady The Musical


I had to abandon two sets of friends to seize the opportunity to watch MFLTM at the KL Convention Center on the evening of May 18th. KL being the supposed cultural hub of Malaysia had, of course, to observe Malaysian time and tolerate Malaysians' idosyncrasies. In other words, the actors had to wait for the audience taking their own sweet time dribbling into the auditorium and perform while babies are bawling their lungs out!
Apart from that, we managed to enjoy the show and the hor douvres during the interval. However, I still prefer the film version with Audrey Hepburn and Rex Harrison. NiA wished Eliza had rode into the sunset with Freddy but I had to remind her that the play was based on 'Pygmalion' which was written by George Bernard Shaw in 1916. In any case, I chose to interpret it as a question of compatibility between two human souls and tried to ignore the age difference between the protagonists.

No comments: