Friday, January 06, 2006

Artworks for Sale/Read Club

Oh yes, I just remembered that a struggling artist up north, a former friend of my late middle sister, had asked me to help sell some of his artworks before the new year. His name is Daud, and he has a wife and two children to support. His style is quite unique, and I really should learn to post pics on this blog. (Dewi Sri and other bloggers out there, please help me out here!)

That's the problem with being a maverick - reclusion has its down side. How does one balance between treasuring one's space and being a part of the community/society without losing one's identity? No man/woman is an island, and one gotta learn to be dependent without feeling disempowered.

Anyways, I was looking at titles at Borders recently and encountered a book by another friend of my middle sister (by now, you get the impression that I was the bratty, chubby and annoying bookworm of a lil sis always tagging along with her slimmer, taller and definitely more sociable older sis), Insun Sony Mustapha. It's about her father "Mustapha Hussain: Pejuang Nasionalisme Melayu" (DBP) and there was a section on Rakyat Trading that attracted my attention. Insun, if you're a blogger too, maybe we could link?

My energy level has been pretty low these last few days, so I guess that's my take for today, ciao!

No comments: