Thursday, January 12, 2006

O' Mice and (Wo)Men

An Austin Chase Moment (Follow that car, babe!)

Dear Austin/Bond/Nash:

It pains me to see you put so much effort all these years, and I really wish that I'm not so self-absorbed, that I could shake off this veil of self-consciousness, and be alert and on auto-reflex mode, and respond on cue. But I've spent days, weeks, months and years, agonising and beating myself up for not trying hard enough to match that style. I've given up before, and really feel like throwing in the towel once again; it's frustrating and counterproductive for both of us.

Sorry,

Beyonce

###

Bet's Bites:

"Sure it's gratifying to think the world revolves around you, but honestly, baby, it doesn't"*

*(so, for the shy or full of pride, stop being so self-conscious and make that move!)

###

A(Musing):

"The meek will rule the world, if you don't mind"

- Anonymous

###

Self-Improvement:

Another self-help book that H introduced to me was Who Moved My Cheese? (Spencer Johnson, PhD, 2001). I used to scoff at it but these things have a way of getting to you, so here are some precious nuggets:

"Life is no straight and easy corridor along which we travel free and unhampered, but a maze of passages, through which we must seek our way, lost and confused, now and again checked in a blind alley.

But always, if we have faith, God will open a door for us, not perhaps one that we ourselves would ever have thought of, but one that will ultimately prove good for us."

- A.J. Cronin

"If you do not change, you can become extinct" (p 46)

"What would you do if you weren't afraid?" (p 48)

" ... sometimes some fear can be good. When you are afraid things are going to get worse if you don't do something, it can prompt you into action. But it is not good when you are so afraid that it keeps you from doing anything."

"Better late than never." (p 49)

Chalo, hei mere beti.

No comments: