Wednesday, February 28, 2007

MEN ARE FROM ALCATRAZ, WOMEN ARE FROM ASHRAM (PART I)


http://www.urbaneacademy.com/blog
I bumped into the gorgeous Georgina Dass and her adorable son Prashant at our neighborhood hair salon yesterday evening and she told me about her plans to write about Contemporary Casanovas (CCs, or Sissies?).
Sounds more like Cads on the Prowl to me. Then again, male bashing is one of my strong suits, if not the strongest. Blame it on my Bapak who played the role of the absentee Dad to the hilt, fighting the Colonialists and neo-Cols and chasing his dream of a Utopian Maphilindo, since I was in my Mak's womb in that tropical island then known as Temasek or SingaPura, now the Lil Red Dot. Blame it too on my Mak who had to be so strong and self-reliant and 'poisoned' my naive little mind about being financially, and emotionally, independent of men.
Then again, I would count myself lucky having them as my parents than being offered to successful men double my age by parents who only have their "best interests" for me. Now, I thought this form of white slavery had supposedly ended "sometime in the last century". Talk about taking three steps forward, and six steps back. Who would have thought a "pillar of society", a distinguished scholar from an ivy league university in the US would stoop to such transactions, even out of mercy and compassion, or is it out of spite and vindictiveness? "It stretches credulity" too to believe that graduates/undergraduates from a premier university would consider it just rewards and entitlements to be well-maintained by their modern day Svengali. Hmm ... and we thought only the Sand Monkeys and the Talebans are guilty of such activities!
www.straightdope.com/classics/a990115.html
I will continue with my ramblings on subtle forms of misogyny on another day. However, I vow to treat this subject with an even sleight of hand from here on. Til then, KN, just admit that you've been ABSOLUTELY besotted with NB for the last - only you know - how many years!
You should get down on your knees, cos I don't think she's gonna get down hers any time soon; toodles!

2 comments:

zewt said...

you're a male basher? c'mon... dont be one...

BaitiBadarudin said...

I'll be one when I'm bashed; it's a matter of self-preservation, mah!