Wednesday, February 14, 2007

My Funny Valentine

Sweet comic valentine
You make me smile with my heart
Your looks are laughable, unphotographable
Yet you're my favorite work of art
Is your figure less than greek
Is your mouth a little bit weak
When you open it to speak, are you smart
Don't, baby don't
Don't change you hair for me
Not if you care for me
Stay little valentine stay
Each day is valentine's
http://www.links2love.com
I don't know of this version by Richard Rodgers and Lorenz Hart, but I do remember the version made famous by Raja Din Wan Mat, a winner of Bintang RTM in the early 1970s, if I'm not mistaken.
Love's supposed to be in the air, but IS told me last nite that his love life is in a 'fragile' state and NI vehemently replied 'No One' when I asked who could her Valentine be.
Which reminds me that sometimes we are oblivious, doubtful or hesitant, about the identity of the Harlequin who had pinned his heart at the door of his Columbine. Now, if we only have the nerve of the character in Gaiman's Fragile Things who cut up the heart into small pieces and chewed them so she could see her invisible suitor, command him, assume his identity and leave him as a kitchen help with just a shred of confidence to approach the waitress! Dream on ...
And while we're in the realm of dreams, ladies, who could possibly be your dream guy or Valentine?
http://www.realmofdreams.com
Hans Isaac? Ashraf Sinclair? Or Yusry KRU?
I'm being nationalistic here.
Happy Valentine's Day!







No comments: