Wednesday, July 04, 2007

Armstrong's Lecture, Tun Razak's Legacy & Menopause the Musical

http://idrus.blogspot.com/
It's been awhile since I last blogged. Just goes to show how busy I've been. Other than professional duties, I've also been occupied with the usual social rounds.
Of these, I could certainly recall the public lecture by Karen Armstrong at the Mandarin Oriental as well as Seminar Legasi Tun Abdul Razak at the Sime Darby Convention Center, both on June 16 2007, and, of course, Menopause the Musical at The Actors Studio @ BSC.
Many bloggers have written about the impact of the Armstrong lecture,
Karen Armstrong Promotes Silence, Non Violence and Compassion and Karen Armstrong in KL
among them. Of Armstrong's key messages about Silence, Non-Violence and Compassion, these simple phrases stuck in my mind:
"Look at your enemy in the eye, and try to find the Divine" (or something to that extent);
"Do not do unto others what you do not want others to do unto you” (attributed to Confucius);
"Cartharsis and weeping are crucial to spiritual cleansing" (or something of that sort).
Well, what can I say about Seminar Legasi Tun Razak? First, that my late father would surely turn in his grave had he known that I had consorted with "those colonial compradors". Secondly, it's really much ado about nothing; unless it's a run-up to the General Elections.

As for Menopause the Musical, I would suggest that males going through andropause to get out of that denial mode and take their wives and children to watch it. Ciao!






No comments: